[Biojava-l] merged sequence alphabet?

Dave Barkan dbarkan@snowball.pcbi.upenn.edu
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:27:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an easily-retrievable alphabet that includes
all symbols from RNA and DNA sequences; a sort of 'global nucleotide
sequence' alphabet that would include g, a, c, t, and u.  This would be
helpful for my application that does not know what kind of sequence it is
going to be working with.  So far I have been using the pre-defined
sequence alphabets as it looks tricky to create your own with the full
functionality that the predefined ones give you, (eg, the tokenization
features), but if there is no available 'merged' alphabet then I can
try to create my own.

thanks!
dave