[Biojava-l] "packed" SymbolLists?

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:44:39 +0100 (BST)

Yes. There are two classes - PackedDNASymbolList was
the original try, and PackedSymbolList was mark 2.
PackedSymbolList lets you choose how to map symbols to
bit patterns, and to use the compact representation
(no ambiguities) or the complete one (with
ambiguities). If you don't care about the details of
the packing, use methods on PackingFactory to
configure the symbol list for you.

I've just added a quick example code-fragment to
PackedSymbolList - hope it helps.

Matthew

 --- "Schreiber, Mark"
<mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > Hi -