[Biojava-l] Re: Biojava-l digest, Vol 1 #776 - 5 msgs

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:07:43 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

HMM serialization (or persistance) seems to be an
ongoing problem for people. We (OK - I) wrote this
code a long time ago, back in the dark ages when I
didn't know much about programming. Does anyone want
to fix this mess once and for all, and write a HMM
persistance API? It sounds like that would be a realy
helpfull thing to have.

Matthew

 --- Lachlan Coin <lc1@sanger.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi

> Having made a mistake in serialising HMMs before -
> are you writing your
> serialised object at several points in the code?
> Unless you write all of
> the models at the same point, they will not work
> when you read them back
> in.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lachlan
>

> > Message: 1
> > Subject: RE: [Biojava-l] Create DP object from
> profileHMM class file
> > Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:53:41 +1300
> > From: "Schreiber, Mark"
> <mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz>
> > To: "Tisanai" <T.Krisanathamakul@dcs.shef.ac.uk>,
> <biojava-l@biojava.org>
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > The error is coming from the 64th line of your
> program (at
> > T_Zscore.main(T_Zscore.java:64))
> >
> > I can see two places that the error might be
> coming from but I need to
> > know which line is the 64th line of the program.
> >
> > Is it: ProfileHMM model = (ProfileHMM)
> ois_md.readObject();
> >
> > Or is it: dp[i] =
> DPFactory.DEFAULT.createDP(model);

org.biojava.bio.dp.SimpleMarkovModel.transitionsFrom(SimpleMar
> > > kovModel.java:227)
> > > 	at

org.biojava.bio.dp.DP$HMMOrderByTransition.transitionsTo(DP.java:599)
> > >             at

org.biojava.bio.dp.DP$HMMOrderByTransition.compare(DP.java:586)
> > > 	at org.biojava.bio.dp.DP.stateList(DP.java:123)
> > > 	at org.biojava.bio.dp.DP.update(DP.java:353)
> > > 	at

org.biojava.bio.dp.onehead.SingleDP.update(SingleDP.java:49)
> > > 	at org.biojava.bio.dp.DP.<init>(DP.java:377)
> > > 	at

org.biojava.bio.dp.onehead.SingleDP.<init>(SingleDP.java:41)
> > > 	at

org.biojava.bio.dp.DPFactory$DefaultFactory.createDP(DPFactory