[Biojava-l] Parsing circular sequences

Cox, Greg gcox@cle.lionbioscience.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:11:10 -0500

I'm taking a look at a circular genbank sequence of length n with a location
n^1 on it.  I think that what has to happen is the size of the sequence and
if it is circular have to be passed down to EmblLikeLocationParser, which
will check each location and convert x..y on the sequence to a
CircularLocation around RangedLocation x..y+n.

	This approach involves changing a lot of method signatures, since
there are a lot of layers between the formatter and the location parser.
That's something I'd like to avoid, but I've convinced myself it has to be
done this way since at the least the location parser needs the length of the
circular sequence.  I'd like a sanity check if someone has a better idea of
how to work through this.

Greg