[Biojava-l] Compiling biojava-live: partly sovled

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:01:34 +0000

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:36:33AM -0500, Sylvain Foisy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the inputs on the -d option in cvs. It did most of the trick.
> One last problem and it might be an OS X problem. On my Mac, I get the
> following:
>

> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 892 source files to /Users/foisys/biojava-
> live/ant-build/classes/main
>     [javac] /Users/foisys/biojava-live/ant-
> build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/projection/ProjectionEngine.java:239:
> make_return() in org.biojava.utils.bytecode.ByteCode cannot be applied
> to (org.biojava.utils.bytecode.GeneratedCodeMethod)
>     [javac]                 Instruction returni =
> ByteCode.make_return(proxyMethod);
>     [javac]                                                   ^
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>     [javac] 1 error

Sounds to me like you've got an old version of bytecode.jar floating
around somewhere?  Have you just done "cvs update src/" rather than
updating the whole biojava-live tree?  Or is there a copy of
bytecode.jar somewhere else on your classpath?

    Thomas.