[Biojava-l] bytecode.jar - why in a separate jar?

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:16:25 +0100

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 5:06 pm, Roy Park wrote:
> Just wondering - why do we have the org.biojava.utils.bytecode.* in a
> separate jar, and not included in the biojava.jar package?  Anyone?

I think the logic was that while BioJava uses it, it could have applications
outside of BioJava and may eventually spinoff on its own.  You may of
course then ask why StAX is within biojava.jar when the same could be said
of it (and it does have its own SourceForge page I think) ;-).   There's
something to be said for convenience and making it easy to install BioJava
I suppose.

My 0.02-worth,
David Huen