[Biojava-l] RefSeq bioJava parser problem

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:36:54 +0100

wanner.de@pg.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Appreciate the responses to the refSeq question. We've been able to put togther
> a reliable parser using the example in TestRefSeqPrt.

Great! Would you be interested in contributing this to BioJava once you
are happy with it?

> Have an additional question now.   Are there any utility methods within bioJava
> that can be used to handle parsed values that are returned by bioJava in list
> form.
>
> For example the following value was returned from bioJava for a sequence
> annotation with key MEDLINE:
>
>      [98127055, 99357812]
>

> Another example is the value that was returned from bioJava for a feature annotation with key  db_xref:
>
>      [LocusID:946, MIM:604405]
>
> bioJava does good work in accumulating the information together and placing it under a specific annotation, does
> anyone know if there are method to extract listMembers or parameter/value pairs already available in bioJava?

Are you asking if there is a document stating the well-known property
names and their value ranges? If so, this does not yet exist, but could
be represented by AnnotationType objects. It would be nice to build a
little vocabulary of properties and their legal values...

Matthew