[Biojava-l] Proposal for some changes in the SequencePanel cl ass.

Cox, Greg gcox@netgenics.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:49:44 -0400

Hello Kalle,

This would create some problems for us.  Since alignments aren't sequences,
I'd rather see a seperate class, AlignmentPanel, than overload
SequencePanel.  Off the cuff, I'd suggest pulling the common functions up to
a new class, AbstractPanel, and have both inherit from that.  Is there a
reason this won't work that I'm missing?

I understand points 2 and 3, but I don't understand the use case driving
point 1.  Could you recap the irc discussion for those who weren't there?

Regarding point 3, I'll observe that that EmblViewer doesn't call
getSequence() anywhere.  I'm scanning our code to see if this would make our
stuff blow up, but I'd rather not see it happen regardless.

Greg