[Biojava-l] Chromosome Viewer

takendo@lab.nig.ac.jp takendo@lab.nig.ac.jp
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:05:10 +0900

Hi, everyone.

Today I joined this ML. Please be kind ;D

 I am making a viewer libraries to make images of chromosomes in Java.
 I read archives of the ML in these months and I think biojava does not
have such GUI libraries yet.
 Chromosomal views are often useful especially for linkage or
association studies and it is just what I am applying my programs to.
 Do you think my ongoing programs are worth to be involved in biojava
packages?  If you could accept me I would be very glad and I would serve
all codes(when completed) to your project.

A captured screenshot is published below
http://underwater.lab.nig.ac.jp/~takaho/biology/chroView/chroView-
screenshot.gif

The binary package(JAR file) is put below and you can run it with
  java -jar chroView_bin.0.1.jar

http://underwater.lab.nig.ac.jp/~takaho/biology/chroView/chroView_bin.0.
1.jar

I am ready to publish my source code under GPL or other licences of open
source philosophy, however, I have not decided how to do yet. (Of
cource, if they are included in biojava, they should follow the same
licence as biojava).

If you are interested in my program, all codes (in bad coding manners X<)
 are available from the same server freely.

http://underwater.lab.nig.ac.jp/~takaho/biology/chroView/chroView_src.0.
1.zip

 Although the program reads band patterns from XML resources and we can
show chromosomes of any species, I have not written any documents and it
must be hard to customize them at the present.

 I will welcome any comments and advices.
 Thanks.

---
Takaho A. Endo, CIB, NIG, Japan