[Biojava-l] Re: Proposed addition to the SequenceDB interface

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:41:42 +0000

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 02:03:57PM +0000, Matthew Pocock wrote:

> I think the current biocorba client/server for biojava is in the cvs
> module biojava-corba - I may be wrong, does anyone know for sure?

Actually, that's just the old version -- which supported
BioCorba 0.1 only.

There's a new version in the biojava-bsane module, which
implements the latest interfaces (client- and server-side).

> This defines some corba IDL to publish sequences and features between
> projects. It doesn't tackle the issues of content at all. In particular,
> it won't give us a standard vocabulary for feature types.

I thought the point here was to talk to the EBI EMBL servers.
There may be a BioCorba server there, but if so I don't know
where it is, or which version of the interfaces.  The normal
EMBL CORBA server has its own interfaces:

    http://corba.ebi.ac.uk/EMBL_servers.html

    Thomas.