[Biojava-l] ability to fetch GenBank files?

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:19:01 +0000

Hi Mike,

We don't have a CGI client for fetching genbank, embl or swissprot
files. There have been more than a few requests for that functionality
recently. There is a BioFetch client (org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biofetch),
which may do what you need.

I'll take a look at porting Bio::DB::BenBank to BioJava this weekend.

Matthew