[Biojava-l] BioSQL observations

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
14 Mar 2002 17:03:21 +0000

    >> Not true rollback. Relatively simple information that groups of
    >> annotators ask each other all the time like "who changed the
    >> proposed function of this gene product to transcriptional
    >> activator", "which other transcriptional activators has this
    >> person edited since last week" and so on.

    Matthew> Not such simple information - the second one "which other
    Matthew> transcriptional activators has this person edited since
    Matthew> last week" potentialy needs to know about both the past
    Matthew> and present functions of genes - perhaps they changed the

Okay, my choice of words was ambiguous. For the above read "which
other genes currently assigned as transcriptional activators has this
person edited into their current state since last week".

I was just thinking of the current state (as that's what gets
released) and the last edit and I'm not worried about anything prior
to that. If I want to know how and why I can email or phone them :)

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
Pathogen Sequencing Unit, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK