[Biojava-l] Newbie to list

James Kwong jwk18@csufresno.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:25:26 -0800

Hello everyone.

I'm interested in doing a project involving bioinformatics for my
masters project in comp sci and contribute to the biojava project.  I'm
wondering if any of you have any suggestion as for new projects needed
for biojava.

My background:  I have an undergraduate degree in biochemistry and
currently pursuing masters degree in computer science.  Hopefully when I
finish, I may work in the field of bioinformatics.

I browsed through the biojava and bioperl websites and the bioperl's
project list (http://bio.perl.org/Projects/areas.html) appears a bit
outdated from the timestamp on the bottom of the page.  Does biojava
have anything on workflow and/or phylogenetic trees?

Thanks!

Name: JaMeS 007®
Major: Computer Science
Work: http://www.csufresno.edu/indtech
Personal Homepage: http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~kwong
Motto: "Student of everything, but master of none"