[Biojava-l] Re: BioSQL implementation bugs

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:02:40 +0000

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:57:28AM +0000, Keith James wrote:

> I've also successfully populated an instance using Postgres. There
> does appear to be a bug somewhere in retrieving Sequence objects as an
> EMBL dump that I tried had a bunch of blank lines where each Location
> should have been (and the LocationFormatter tests all pass).

Could this be a consequence of all the feature types
and qualifiers being padded with spaces to 255 characters?
If so, it's a knock-on from the varchar -> char changes in
the schema.  If you update to the latest code, that
should fix it (it's only the read-code that's changed, you
shouldn't need to re-populate the database).

> (on a more +ve note, I've got rid of almost all the Javadoc errors
> throw up by the new 1.4 Javadoc)

Great!

    Thomas.