[Biojava-l] LIMS framework- an open-bio project proposal

Alex Rolfe arolfe@genome.wi.mit.edu
09 Mar 2002 12:52:08 -0500

Matthew Pocock <matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> This sounds realy usefull. Perhaps it could go into the BioJava CVS
> tree under its own module? Do you have a URL for some JavaDoc so that
> we can have a browse?

The javadocs are at http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/~arolfe/lims.  I've
posted some other basic info at
http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/~arolfe/lims.html (the email I sent, the
longer design description, and a link to the javadocs).

Do the other packages in the biojava tree (dazzle, das-client, etc) have
dependencies on biojava?  My concerns with putting the lims code under
the biojava tree are (1) it doesn't depend on biojava, so that may or
may not be a logical place for it and (2) at some point, it will
hopefully have perl and python components to connect programs in those
languages to the lims system.

Alex