[Biojava-l] Extending Feature?

pootle monster pootle_monster@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:55:49 +0000

>You can then use code like:
>
>   FeatureRealizer realizer = new
>SimpleFeatureRealizer(FeatureImpl.DEFAULT);
>   realizer.addImplementation(MyFeature.Template.class,
>MyFeatureImpl.class);
>   Sequence seq = new SimpleSequence(symbols, name, urn, anno, realizer);

That is great I understand now
but....
The sequence I have is generated from an embl file and I have references to
it in more than one file, so i dont want to recreate it.
Is there any way of obtaining the current FeatureRealizer for the Sequence I
have and using addImplementation() on that?

>I'm thinking about modifying the system to auto-generate
>in-memory Feature implementation classes, rather than requiring
>them to be written by hand.  This would make it much easier
>to add new Feature types at run time.  Would you find this
>helpful?

well of course - everythings easier that you dont have to do your self!!
I guess the difficulty I am finding is just finding out how to do somthing
Which I guess just means more documentation or examples - but then again
this mailing list seems to be doing well for me so far.....