[Biojava-l] Problems in biojava

Eli Reuveni e_reuveni@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:42:36 +0200

Hi I am a student for Bioinformatics studies
and now in tha phase of choosing a software to use
in building a web based application for manipulating genes
and archive.
I tried to installed the library of biojava but had some errors
in class "AlphabetManager" where some packages didn't found:

"AlphabetManager.java": Error #: 704 : cannot access directory org\w3c\dom
at line 30, column 1
"AlphabetManager.java": Error #: 704 : cannot access directory
javax\xml\parsers at line 31, column 1
"AlphabetManager.java": Error #: 704 : cannot access directory org\xml\sax
at line 32, column 1
"AlphabetManager.java": Error #: 704 : cannot access directory
org\biojava\utils\bytecode at line 37, column 1

Please where can I get those packages?
and where can I get information for which kind of software
is it better to choose Perl or Java since I just now starting the project.

Thanks a lot
Eli Reuveni