[Biojava-l] leader and trailer in Renderers

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:07:03 +0000

The leading and trailing space is requested per renderer. This is
because some glyphs (e.g. numbers) are scale-invarient and will be
clipped off if the rendering is clipped exactly. I think the container
of the sequence renderers loops over these and finds the maximum one.
Then, it individualy translates each sequence renderer so that their
sequence-based co-ordinates line up, but they are guaranteed a minimum
of leader and trailer padding. Does that help?