[Biojava-l] Trying to implement a restriction digest engine with BioJava

Sylvain Foisy foissylv@IRO.UMontreal.CA
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:13:53 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to get together a program that would get a sequence and
digest it using all enzynes found in a REBASE file. Recently,
RestrictionEnzyme and RestrictionEnzymeManager were added to BioJava. I
went over the doc and it still quite cryptic...

How would I use these classes to digest a sequence and produce an output
of the digested sequence as a feature table? I am quite new to BioJava
and still getting use to the sequence data model.

Cordially

Sylvain