[Biojava-l] yet another installation problem...

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:20:49 +0000

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:57:46PM +0000, David Huen wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Geetha Vasudevan wrote:
>
> I don't think your ant install is correct.  All that's necessary to get
> ant running should be to untar the archive it comes in and place its bin/
> directory in $PATH so it can be found.
>
> JAVA_HOME should be used for your java installation.  If you want to
> define a path for looking for classes, it should be in CLASSPATH but then
> I don't have the ant directory in my CLASSPATH.
>
> Could you check what the above are set to please?  I'm not an Alpha user
> but there are those on this NG.

Yes, I'll second this.  I use ANT quite regularly under
OSF/1 (alpha).  All I did was unpack the binary distribution
then add the bin/ directory to my PATH.  It's worked fine
from there, without altering my classpath (I must admit,
I'm still using ant 1.3 -- but I doubt 1.4 will be significantly
different).

     Thomas.