[Biojava-l] yet another installation problem...

Geetha Vasudevan geethav@incyte.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:10:07 -0800

I downloaded biojava20020111 version and the corresponding jar files too. I am running this on a decalpha osf1.

I installed 'ant' and in the biojava-live dir i tried,

>> ant javadocs
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

>> ant package org.biojava.bio.seq
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

And in ./jakarata-ant-1.4.1/bin/runant.pl has this piece of code in it.
#construct arguments to java

my @ARGS;
push @ARGS, "-classpath", "$localpath", "-Dant.home=$HOME";
push @ARGS, @ANT_OPTS;
push @ARGS, "org.apache.tools.ant.Main";
push @ARGS, @ARGV;
print "\n $JAVACMD @ARGS\n\n" if ($debug);
i could define JAVA_HOME for 'ant' and I could track the file $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar but NOT the other $JAVA_HOME/lib/classes.zip file. Could
that be the reason?

Your feedback/help is highly appreciated.
Thank You.
-Geetha.