[Biojava-l] Usual newbie mistake ?

Michal Kurowski michal@orfeus.bioinfo.pl
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:00:44 +0100

Hi,
According to some previous posts it seems I've got an usual beginner
mistake in here. When I type "javac seq/TestEmbl.java" I got:

seq/TestEmbl.java:23: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SymbolParser
location: class seq.TestEmbl
      SymbolParser rParser = alpha.getParser("token");
      ^
seq/TestEmbl.java:23: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getParser  (java.lang.String)
location: interface org.biojava.bio.symbol.Alphabet
      SymbolParser rParser = alpha.getParser("token");
                                  ^
2 errors

Some of the files in the demos directory and some don't.
I've got all the required jar files from biojava binaries ftp
directory. I've tried the binary "20020111" version and the source
version. I can compile the source distribution without a problem , it
passes all junit test. I've got exactly the same error in the end
though.

Could it be xerces is a culprit ? Something else ?
( My java is JDK1.3.1 in RH7.1).

Best regards,

--
Michal Kurowski