[Biojava-l] Re: [DAS] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:58:35 +0000

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:56:32AM -0500, Michael L. Heuer wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I'm getting a strange error when serving reference sequence from an
> EmblDataSource via the /das/[dsn]/dna request.  No matter what the dna
> query ( dna?segment=ACC, dna?segment=ACC:1,100, ...) I receive the same
> index out of range exception.  Is this value significant for any reason?
>
> The entry_points request returns an accurate list, leading me to believe
> the sequences were loaded from the embl file correctly.
>
> I'm using cvs versions of xdas and biojava.

Are these the latest CVS versions?  I've just tested this on my
box with up-to-date versions, and everything seems to work (both
for whole sequences and sub-sequences).  It's rather hard to see
where the problem is coming from :-(.

Just one (rather vague) suggestion.  Looking at your stack traces,
I think you might be using Tomcat 3.3.x.  We've had very bad experiences
with this release -- there've been a number of reported problems
which have caused a lot of headache, then mysteriously disappeared
when the user either upgraded to Tomcat 4.0 or downgraded to 3.2.
[For what it's worth, I did my testing today using 4.0.1].

   Thomas.