[Biojava-l] Mass Search Results

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:23:27 +0000 (GMT)

On 9 Jan 2002, Keith James wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has been considering O/R mappings for Biojava?
> I've been dabbling a bit recently (with Castor, ObjectBridge etc) and
> it's all fairly brain-wrenching.

I made an abortive start a few months ago at which point I figured I
didn't know enough jdbc/sql to make it work.

Since then, I have been writing code to load Gadfly data into an SQL
database then serving it via Dazzle so I might just about have enough
know-how to go back to trying it.  The only caveat is that I'm probably
going to be unambitious about it and start by doing persistent sequence
and Feature objects first.  And there's also the issue of at least having
a compatibility mode with Bioperl persistent objects to ensure soem
interoperability.

I won't start on that for at least another fortnight - i want to get a
public DAS service for Dros data up first.

Regards,
David Huen