[Biojava-l] exception with no stacktrace

Guoneng Zhong Guoneng.Zhong@med.nyu.edu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:31:03 -0500

Hi,
I tried the following lines and got the following exception.  Problem is
that I don't know what the problem is.  What line and what the
underlying cause.  There is no stacktrace beyond my own...

Thanks ahead for all the help!

         AlignmentFormat format = new MSFAlignmentFormat();
         Alignment alignment = format.read(new BufferedReader(new
FileReader(file)));
         List labels = alignment.getLabels();
         System.out.println("Retrieved "+labels.size()+" labels");
         for(int i=0;i<labels.size();i++){
             SymbolList list = (SymbolList)labels.get(i);
             System.out.println(list.seqString());
         }

MSFFormatReader null
	at test.TestClustalW.readFile(TestClustalW.java:27)
	at test.TestClustalW.main(TestClustalW.java:20)