[Biojava-l] Recursion of FeatureFilters

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:54:47 +0000

Hi Mark.

Good questions. The feature filters will not alter the feature objects,
so if you use a filter to get a gene feature, it will still have all of
its children attached as well as its parents. If you filter with the
recurse parameter as false, it will only scan the emediate children. If
it is true, it will scan all descendants.

For example, filtering with accept all will return you a feature holder
containing all decendants of that feature, and you can still go to each
of these and get at the children they had as per normal.

There are now a couple of filters that pull features out based upon
properties of other features with defined relationship (e.g. fetch me
all features with assembly parents).

Matthew