[Biojava-l] can't compile GCContent

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:28:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, June Tantoolvesm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope this hasn't already been answered in the mail
> archive, but if it has I couldn't find it, sorry. I tried
> to compile the first example in the tutorial (GCContent),
> and I get the following error:
>

> GCContent.java [23:1] Incompatible type for =. Can't
> convert Sequence to Sequence.
>             Sequence seq = stream.nextSequence();
>                          ^
> GCContent.java [25:1] No method found matching length()
>             for (int pos = 1; pos <= seq.length(); ++pos) {
>                                          ^
> GCContent.java [26:1] No method found matching
> symbolAt(int)
>                 Symbol sym = seq.symbolAt(pos);
>                                  ^
> GCContent.java [26:1] Cannot parse initializer
>                 Symbol sym = seq.symbolAt(pos);
>                                  ^
> GCContent.java [30:1] No method found matching getName()
>             System.out.println(seq.getName() + ": " +
>                                    ^
> GCContent.java [31:1] No method found matching length()
>                                ((gc * 100.0) /
> seq.length()) +
>                                                    ^
Seems not to be finding the biojava jar.

> My classpath is
>
> CLASSPATH=C:\biojava\biojava-1.20.jar;C:\biojava\bytecode-0.90.jar;C:\biojava\xerces.jar;.

I don't use Windows regularly enough to recall correctly but is the
separator in the CLASSPATH ";" rather than the ":" used in Linux?

If there's something equivalent to:-
echo $CLASSPATH

it might be useful to check that it is really set.

Hope someone using Windows will be able to clarify.

Which Java are you using?

Regards,
David Huen