[Biojava-l] javadoc warnings

David Huen David Huen <smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:03:44 +0000 (GMT)

The size of the Javadocs warnings seems to have grown considerably over
the last few months. We have 111 warnings when doing "ant javadocs".

I've looked over them and managed to deal with the most serious ones
(where commented-out code end up in the docs) and some others to
reduce the number to 78.  There are less serious ones that seem to have
something to do with an imminent change in the way Javadoc will deal with
the first line which may bite later (see -breakiterator).  These concern
the way in which the first line of a comment is recognised: this will
change soon.

Another major source is the use of the @created tag which is apparently
not known.

Could others have a look to see whether we can reduce this further? Or
even whether we should bother to do so?

Thanks,
David Huen