[Biojava-l] Applets

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:20:04 +0000

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 05:09:26PM +0000, Kevin Glover wrote:

>  > Hmmm, how come in the first example it's able to find any
>  > BioJava classes at all?  Have you included an unpacked copy
>  > of BioJava in your directory structure.
>
> No, but both biojava and an XML parser exist in my classpath.

Ah-ha.  I suspect that might well be the problem.

Could you try removing these from the classpath (I guess
you'll want to do a complete restart of Mozilla after this),
and just reference the .jar files from the archive=
attribute of the applet element?

I think you might have stumbled across some kind of nasty
ClassLoader issue...

   Thomas.