[Biojava-l] Copyright notices

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:17:55 +0000

"Emig, Robin" wrote:

>  Copyright © 2000,2001 Cambridge Antibody Technology. All Rights Reserved
>
> I noticed that many files contain the above copyright notice.
>
> 1) Does this conflict at all with the files being under lgpl

As others have said, this isn't a problem with LGPL

> 2) regardless can we remove them? and put the lgpl notice?
> -Robin

Not really ;-)  Making it as clear as is reasonably possible that we are the
copyright holders of code that we author is important to us.   It's also
worth noting in this regard that the LGPL license actually *requires* that
copyright holders assert their copyright (I think). The LGPL notices *are*
present in all the source code files in the standard biojava way.  Or at
least these should be present - if any have been missed off in error, we need
to add them

If the copyright phrase is causing your legal department headaches (I don't
think it should - the LGPL license is perfectly clear), we can explicitly add
a phrase to the effect that standard LGPL license terms apply?

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.
Head of Bioinformatics & Advanced IS