[Biojava-l] FeatureImpl

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:00:25 +1300

Hi -

I have noticed that the following block of code in FeatureImpl:

	try {
	    d.addImplementation(Feature.Template.class,
				SimpleFeature.class);
	    d.addImplementation(StrandedFeature.Template.class,
				SimpleStrandedFeature.class);
	   d.addImplementation(HomologyFeature.Template.class,
				SimpleHomologyFeature.class);
               d.addImplementation(SimilarityPairFeature.Template.class,
				SimpleSimilarityPairFeature.class);
               d.addImplementation(RemoteFeature.Template.class,
				SimpleRemoteFeature.class);
	} catch (BioException ex) {
	    throw new BioError(ex, "Couldn't initialize default
FeatureRealizer");
	}

Needs to have  d.addImplementation(FramedFeature.Template.class,
SimpleFramedFeature.class); added to it. I will check this into the
Biojava-live cvs. Someone might want to put it in the 1.2 branch. I
don't think many people will be affected as the uses of FramedFeature
are pretty esoteric (ie I invented it for my use but some others might
want it).

The only symptom of it not being there is that your FramedFeature can
sometimes become a StrandedFeature during filtering via the wonders of
reflection/introspection.

Cheers

 Mark Schreiber
 Bioinformatics