[Biojava-l] HitSectionSAXParser and BlastLikeVersionSupport

Roy Park RPark@lexgen.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:37:11 -0600

Hi there,

I'm trying to write a small program that reads in only the HIT section of
BLAST output (i.e. starting with ">"), by instantiating a
HitSectionSAXParser class, and I noticed that the BlastLikeVersionSupport
variable oVersion needs to be already populated by the time the class is
instantiated (e.g. with BlastLikeVersionSupport.iProgram = some value).
Thing is, the iProgram member currently has a private scope, and there is no
method available to set it to some other value (i.e. setProgram()).

I know that from the look of the *SAXParser classes, they were written
specifically only to process the full BLAST results.  Could we make all
*SAXParser classes public, as well as make setters for the
BlastLikeVersionSupport class?  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Roy Park
Scientific Programmer
Bioinformatics Department
Lexicon Genetics Incorporated
The Woodlands, Texas  77380
T: (281) 863-3245
F: (281) 863-8092
rpark@lexgen.com

 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.