[Biojava-l] Announce: BioJava 1.2rc1

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:33:11 +0000

Hi...

I've just uploaded BioJava 1.2rc1 source code, binaries,
and javadocs to:

   http://www.biojava.org/download/

If there aren't any problems with this build, we're hoping
to get a 1.2 final out within the next few days.  So please
test this release as much as possible.

CVS uses can also check out a source tree using the
"release-1_2-branch" tag.

Current status on the 1.2 branch is:

   - I've applied a couple of bug fixes which have gone
     onto the truck since the 1.2 branch.

   - Removed several experimental and cruft packages:

       org.biojava.utils.contract
       org.biojava.utils.query
       org.biojava.bio.seq.distributed

   - I've re-arranged the package groupings on the javadoc
     a bit, and added some missing package.html files

   - All automated tests pass

   - All the demo programs compile okay (except for the ragbag
     demos -- David, could you take a look at these and either
     update them or remove them?).  A few very obsolete demos
     were removed rather than updated.  Not all have yet been
     tested though.

As always, all corrections/bug-reports/comments welcome!

    Thomas