biojava website ( was Re: [Biojava-l] Documentation Overview spelling correction)

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:10:40 -0500

Don't reinvent the wheel- people interested in working on our
next-generation (apache + php apparently) website should just up and
join our existing webteam. We already have the server, now we just need
smart people to make things happen in a timely fashion. People
interested in joining the open-bio webteam should point their browsers
at http://open-bio.org/mailman/listinfo/webteam

The basic goal is a good-looking template driven website that has little
or no dynamic/changing content (probably just the News items will
change). We are good at writing code but we suck at content creation so
the last thing we want is some goofy portal that instantly goes out of
date because people can't be bothered to update it. I imagine that most
of the content is going to be static stuff like the email list archives
and auto-generated codebase documentation. .

Anyone good at graphic design?  We also need logos - look how sad and
pathetic our little "Open Bioinformatics Foundation" booth looked at the
OReilly conference :)  http://prometheus.frii.com/gallery/album01/aef
The question of booth staffing we will leave for another debate. heh.

-chris