[Biojava-l] importing kegg files...

Michael Jones mjones@mpi.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:53:44 -0500

--=====================_165810032==_.ALT

I spent about a year on this at NetGenics. Essentially I converted their
web image maps into NetGenics SmartMedia format. A CORBA interface that
would allow object/actions to be linked with locations in Media.

There are some fairy easily pars-able files at
ftp://kegg.genome.ad.jp/pathways/ The ftp site is down right now. I took
the locations in those files and mapped them to the images and then had
some action listener respond to mouse clicks on the image. Sometimes I
thought it would be better to just use a web interface but you could do
some pretty cool coloring and object relation stuff by keeping it in a GUI
app.

I know this isn't much help but it just struck a cord with me and I thought
I would share. Maybe someone at NetG could Open Source some of the code.

At 10:35 AM 2/4/2002 +0000, Matthew Pocock wrote:
>Geetha Vasudevan wrote:
>>Hello,
>>Does anyone have methods to display KEGG pathway files? thanks for any
>>info.
>>-Geetha.
>
>I'd be interested in this as well.
>
>Matthew

--=====================_165810032==_.ALT

I spent about a year on this at NetGenics. Essentially I converted their
web image maps into NetGenics SmartMedia format. A CORBA interface that
would allow object/actions to be linked with locations in Media.
There are some fairy easily pars-able files at
The ftp site is down right now. I took the locations in those files and mapped them to the images and then had some action listener respond to mouse clicks on the image. Sometimes I thought it would be better to just use a web interface but you could do some pretty cool coloring and object relation stuff by keeping it in a GUI app. <br><br>
I know this isn't much help but it just struck a cord with me and I thought I would share. Maybe someone at NetG could Open Source some of the code. <br><br>
At 10:35 AM 2/4/2002 +0000, Matthew Pocock wrote:<br>
Does anyone have methods to display KEGG pathway files? thanks for any<br>
info.<br>
-Geetha.<br>