[Biojava-l] RE: Biojava-l digest, Vol 1 #546 - 4 msgs

Russell Smithies russell.smithies@xtra.co.nz
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:12:37 +1300

Hi Thomas,
The check sum is only applied to the sequence.
The .rsf file format allows for detailed annotation of sequence data but
doesn't factor in when check sums are calculated.

As to where this method might live in the API structure and if it should be
added, I think I should leave it up to those who use the packages more.
I pick bits of code out occasionally but haven't had the opportunity to use
it "correctly" yet.

   Russell