[Biojava-l] Behavior of the createRegex() method (MotifTool class)

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
03 Dec 2002 10:02:27 +0000

Following up my own post, but anyway... I've made the MotifTools test
pass again. However in trying to eliminate the gap character (which
I'm still not sure I should be doing) I tried to test for the gap
symbol in DNA using mySymbol == AlphabetManager.getGapSymbol() but
this didn't work (didn't return true for the DNA gap).

Stringifying the DNA gap object I get

org.biojava.bio.symbol.SimpleBasisSymbol: []

Can someone clarify the circumstances under which the various gap
Symbol(s) are equal (or ==) to each other?

ta,
Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -