[Biojava-l] Gene Ontology

Dudgeon, Tim TDudgeon@OSIP.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:56:58 -0500

There has been mention of a Gene Ontology API and/or browser within BioJava
in the past.
I've also started off down that route, but before I go too far I thought it
made sense to check whether there was any consensus here.
I don't want to reinvent the wheel yet again and will be happy to help get
something into BioJava.

What I'd like to see is an API to the GO database (probably with adaptors to
its various forms), plus some gui browser that can form a component of a
bigger tool.
Browser would probably initially use a JTree type appraach, but eventually
something that better reflected the fact that a GO term can have multiple
parents.

What's the state of play here?

Tim

Dr. Tim Dudgeon