[Biojava-l] BioJava discussion board

Patrick McConnell MCCon012@mc.duke.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:26:38 -0400

Looking at the schema, I believe that you can push around annotations
without the sequence.

The root element, sciobj, can have zero or more of any of the following:
      bio_sequence
      contig
      FeatureSet
      chromosome.

So, I think what you are looking for is the FeatureSet, which contains an
annotations element, distinct from the bio_sequence elements.

Please, an Agave expert correct me if I am wrong.

-Patrick

Matthew Pocock <matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk> on 08/28/2002 04:47:32 PM