[Biojava-l] The future of BioJava

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:54:50 +0100

Hi all,

There is some active discussion on the dev list about thinking what we
would change if we could. The current thinking is that the biojava-live
repository will continue to be developed into a 1.3 release in due
course. We will at some point start a new cvs repository within which we
will develop BioJava V2.

I've started a wishlist wiki at
http://biojava.org/wiki/html/BioJava/BioJava2WishList.html where I have
collected together some of the ideas being batted arround -dev and
#biojava. Nothing there is set in stone. We are here to solve your
problems, so if your pet hate is not represented there, tell us or
ammend the wiki page. The focus so far is on fixing broken APIs,
refactoring code and adding project-wide capabilities that are just
plain missing now. It's not so much a 'you don't have a parser for X'
wish list. If you want to raise that kind of issue, then mail the list
and we can set up a wiki of missing stuff.

Don't be shy. Nothing is too trivial or too far reaching.

Best,

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk