[Biojava-l] Re: Sequence Color Coding

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:54:32 +0100

satyanarayana pasupuleti wrote:

> Hello!!
>
> Thanks a lot for your help, Jim and Mathew. It appears to me that the
> sequences are rendered on to a SequencePanel object. Is there any way
> color coded sequences can be rendered in a JTable?
>
> Thanks a lot
> -satya

The JList and JTable (and other swing things) delegate rendering to cell
renderers. These are just normal swing components, so you can delegate
to a SequencePannel or whatever. Take a look at the API javadocs for
JList for a code example called MyCellRenderer. I have never used
biojava renderers in this way, but I have written my own renderers for
other data types before and it seems to work.

Good luck.