[Biojava-l] Announce: Gemini a BioJava-based Blast+annotation viewer

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
01 Aug 2002 15:54:39 +0100

Before this goes to bionet.software I thought I'd post here as this
little viewer is based entirely on BioJava core libraries. Some people
may remember it from the bootcamp. I've had time to enhance it
slightly.

---

This is the README file for Gemini

INTRODUCTION

Gemini is a tool for viewing pairwise DNA-DNA sequence comparison
results generated by programs such as Blast and Fasta. It presents a
"dotplot" style view where individual Blast HSPs or Fasta hits are
represented as diagonal lines. In addition, any annotation available
on the sequences may be viewed in context on the axes of the plot.

Gemini is written in Java, reads EMBL or Fasta format sequences and
NCBI-Blast 2.0.11 and 2.2.3 or WU-Blast 2.0a19mp-washu reports.

DOCUMENTATION

See the HTML user manual in the docs directory.

[...]

You can get source and binaries from

ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/pathogens/software/gemini/gemini_0.2.tar.gz

(in about 1 hour from now, when the FTP site gets synchronized).

There's a user manual with screenshots in the tarball.

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -