[Biojava-l] off-topic: consultancy

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:02:14 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry for this abuse of the mailing list. I know it's a bit naughty.
Please send replys directly to me, not the list.

Would there be any interest in a software consultancy specializing in
BioJava? It would as a primary aim provide the community with guaranteed
support to the code-base and web-site at no charge. It would strongly
promote the open-source nature of the project. In particular, we would
definitely not seek to make the consultancy the owners or only
maintainers of BioJava, but rather help encourage as many people and
organisations as possible to become involved.

Services provided at an appropreate fee would include:

   * biojava training sessions
   * developing bespoke applications leveraging from BioJava
   * prioritise adding new features to or fix bugs in BioJava

I know it's not much of a buisness plan, but I thought I'd test the
waters before getting myself into any debt.

Thanks,

Matthew