[Biojava-l] MassCalc / Isoelectric tests

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
29 Apr 2002 12:55:09 +0100

There are no unit tests for these. We're probably going to use the
isoelectric point class here so I've started writing some for both.

Question: Can anyone give me a reference for the avg/mono weights used
in the SymbolProperties table?

I was comparing with EMBOSS pepstats (which appears to be using avg in
their data file) and find different values for each aa. End result is
that we're not getting the same results as pepstats. I'm not bothered
by this as long as we know it's being calculated correctly from the
starting data (and we should reference that data for folks who use the
class).

BTW, I'm using 10 entries in Swissprot as an arbitrary test set
(Accession P00001 - P00010).

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
Pathogen Sequencing Unit, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK