[Biojava-l] BioInformatics toolbox.

Alex Rolfe arolfe@genome.wi.mit.edu
15 Apr 2002 12:45:01 -0400

> 2. Is there anyone interested in collaborating on this project?  The level
> of collaboration can vary from consulting on ideas to testing beta
> applications to actual software coding.  I will be coming up with a list of
> sub-projects sometime in the near future (check the link below for the
> current ***rough*** list).

Other people have been working on very similar sorts of projects.  Ones
that I know of

Omnigene : data interchance and web-services interfaces to programs.
http://omnigene.sourceforge.net/.  Omnigene isn't related to biojava.

I've done some work on workflow/lims.  There's code in the biojava-lims
package that you might want to look at and more information at
http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/personal/arolfe/lims.html.  It's not specific
to piping webservices together, though it's certainly capable of doing so.

I think the two GUI pieces that you mentioned are separate from each
other and from the other pieces, but both are certainly needed.  There's
been discussion about a GUI for creating pipelines and such on this
thread.

Alex