[Biojava-l] OBDA and SeqDB

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:00:41 +0100

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:58:28AM +1200, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> So is there a plan to do a OBDASeqDB which would act like the BioSQLDB
> in biojava but not require the underlying SQL schema.

I'm not really clear about what you mean by this.  In BioJava,
BioSQLSequenceDB is just an implementation of SequenceDB.  Similarly,
the other OBDA-ish datasources that have been implemented all implement
either SequenceDB or SequenceDBLite.

Similarly, if you want to implement one of the OBDA server protocols
(BioCorba or BioFetch), you can do that in BioJava backed by any
SequenceDB implementation (the backend doesn't actually have to be
at all OBDA-ish).

What methods/contract did you have in mind for OBDASeqDB?

    Thomas.