[Biojava-l] biojava-acedb - recent version?

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:23:02 +0100

Hi Ben,

I don't think we ever got the ace->sequence bridge working fully. It was
done before the days of the feature projection framework, when life was even
more complicated. The package for retrieving ace objects should all work
fine though. Initialy, you could 'hide' the org.acedb.sequence package by
deleting it or moving it sideways and have a play with the client only.

I think the current ace object model is read-only, or if it allows
moddifications, it doesn't write them back to the server. This could be
fixed if you need read/write access. If you need the functionality of making
ace objects look like biojava sequences, then we can re-visit that package
and try to sort things out for you.

All the best,

Matthew

chat code at: irc.openprojects.net #biojava