[Biojava-l] FeatureHolder.containsFeature()

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:49:54 +1200

Maybe have the equals function be the most strict ie require everything
to be equal but then provide different methods (or versions of equals()
with arguments) that can be used to test for less stringent equality.

Eg you could have equals() and equals(boolean ignoreAnnotation) etc

Remember overiding the default equals() means sticking to the equals()
contract in the Java spec and also requires overiding the hashcode()
method otherwise the Collections classes will behave strangely.

Mark