[Biojava-l] Newbie question:installation of biojava in Mac OS X

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:43:54 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new both to Java and biojava and I would like to know if anyone had any experience at installing biojava in Mac OS X.

I could possibly assist to some extent.  I have installed it onto a G4 and
it works fine althought it was long ago enough for me to forget whether I
met any problems.

The key part to get is the OSX Java JDK (on Apple supplied CD) if all you
want to use is the precompiled snapshots.  If you want to recompile the
BioJava from CVS, you will need Apache's Jakarta ant package.

Drop me a line if you hit problems.

Regards,
David Huen