[Biojava-l] LayeredRenderer clipping bug

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
20 Sep 2001 15:03:40 +0100

    Matthew> Keith James wrote:
    >> I think the problem is in the paint method, somewhere near
    >> clip.setFrame(minP, 0.0, maxP - minP, depth) Keith

    Matthew>  From memory, the real-estate for a symbol at i as
    Matthew> coordinate x is:

    Matthew> sequenceToGraphics(i-1) <= x < sequenceToGraphics(i)

Ah. I didn't know this. You've identified the problem. LayeredRenderer
at fault after all - now fixed (and documented) for commit this
evening.

There's still a slight loss of terminal symbols when changing to a
vertical rendering, but I think that's a separate issue. Looking at
that next.

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA